I have more bird pictures in the camera, well actually, they did get moved to the PC about 2 weeks ago. I had to move them off in order to have as much room as possible for my company picnic.
Anyway, it's been fun watching the different species move in and out of our yard as they migrate through the area. And it's been great since we moved our office downstairs. I sit right in front of the window with a good view of the feeders so if I see something, I can just steady the camera right on top of the monitor and click away. Unfortunately, evening shots suck because the camera is convinced I need flash. NOT! And turning the flash off makes the shutter speed slow enough that it picks up the slightest movement so blurry pictures everywhere. I'm sure there is some sort of setting or number of settings I can play with to fix that though.
Oh oh. We've got pumpkins growing! We planted four seeds at the beginning of the season and now we have at least 2 pumpkins growing. One of the plants is about 6 feet long so there could be more hiding up under the giant leaves.
Our tomato plant has lost its mind. We've already had four come off the plant (and they were delicious) but now we have 10 more! So long as we water it enough, they should all ripen.
I am going to move my 3rd attempt at a sunflower plant (the first two were eaten by squirrels) into the ground this weekend. It's at least 2 feet tall and is starting to slowdown in growth meaning its getting too big for its pot; which I anticipated. The pot was temporary to thwart the squirrels during the inital growth phase.
Next year we are planning a whole garden based on something called a square foot garden. Instead of planting in rows, you setup a small area based on so many square feet and you plant so many seeds/plants in each square foot according to the instructions on the plant. It should be interesting. I want to grow corn! How ridiculous would that be? Growing corn in my backyard! LOL
I haven't been doing much crafting. I finished my purse project and started another one in red but.. *sigh*.. because the towels left fuzz all over my first purse, I thought it would be smart to put the new purse in one of those mesh bags you use for bras and stuff. Yeah no, bad idea. The purse felted together, which ruined it. Ever since I've kind of been in the dumps crafting wise.
And my brain just kind of died. I have this bizarre medicine head feeling; have had it all day. Well I have been sick with a head cold and today my ears have been blocked so I've been told it's basically vertigo. That would explain the odd... tilting sensation I've been getting. At the most, focusing on complex items tend to take longer. Trying to remember everything DH and I have been up to the past month or so is complex. :)
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment