I finished up all of the pieces to the cardigan and finally started seaming the pieces together. I redid the first seam at least three times before I was satisfied with the look. For the record, seaming stockinette to stockinette is easy but anything else is cause for me to lose my mind.
So I seam up one front piece to the back and then bind off the shoulder. First I bound it off with wrong sides together - WRONG! Picked it out and bound it off with right sides together - YAY!
Now for the really hard part - setting in the sleeve. Um.. Were's the arm hole? Oh - I'm a dumbass. I seamed the ENTIRE side and forgot about leaving space for the sleeve. Pick pick pick.
Two hours and after redoing the seam three (at least) times, one sleeve is attached to the cardigan.
Now to repeat on the other side, minus all the picking hopefully.
My next piece of clothing? NO SEAMS!!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment