I finished the cardigan Saturday, no, Friday evening and oh my god was I ever glad after weaving all those loose ends. Geez - there were TONS of them!
Saturday I went out to Michael's (needed purple chocolate) and JoAnn's. JoAnn's is now my new mecca. OMG the yarn selection was awesome! Way better than any of the Michael's near me. Plus they had all of the other stuff you can find in a Michael's hence my new mecca. Granted, I have two JoAnn's near me (that I know of) and it's just the one JoAnn's which I have claimed. The other always looks like it's going out of business, which is why I turned to Michael's so long ago. I thought ALL JoAnn's looked like that but no, they don't.
Anyway, I found THE perfect buttons and got those attached Saturday. Sunday, the cardigan went into the wash (cold water!) and then I dried it flat. I wanted to make sure it could survive a washing machine. The yarn label said it was washable but I was worried about the tails working their way loose and color me surprised; they didn't come loose!
I delivered the cardigan yesterday and have been promised a picture of the child wearing the cardigan. I can't wait to see it!
And I started on my next project. I wanted something small to felt and yeah I could have just done a swatch for practice felting but I wanted an actual project. Since my next real project is a purse, I found a simple purse on Ravelry (have to sign up to see anything; I think; don't quote me on that!) and have worked up a good 5-6 inches already. It's very simple and in the round which is nice. I expect to be done this week and hopefully have some towels needing a wash.
Felting apparently has to be done with hot water and other clothes help with the process. Towels get washing in hot so that should work.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment